Peanut Butter Raisin Oat Protien Bars
Great for a pre-workout snack, or a meal supplement.
- 2 cups Rolled Old Fashioned Oats
- 1/2 cup Rolled Old Fashioned Oats Ground in a food processor or pre packaged
- 1 scoop Vanilla Protein Powder Sub for flavor of your choice
- Pinch Salt
- 1/2 tsp Cinnamon
- 3/4 cup Peanut Butter Sub for nut butter of your choice
- 1 tsp Pure Vanilla Extract
- 1/2 cup Raw Honey
- 1/2 cup Chocolate Chips Sub for chip flavor, sugar free of your choice
- 2 Milk**
Line a deep 8 x 8 baking tray or pan with waxed or baking paper and set aside.
In a large mixing bowl, combine your rolled oats, ground oats, protein powder, cinnamon and sea salt and mix well.
In a small microwave safe bowl or small sauce pan over low heat, melt your nut butter, honey and vanilla extract.
Pour your wet mixture in with the dry mixture and mix very well.
Add milk (You may need to use your hands for mixing which is much easier).
Allow to cool slightly, before mixing in the chocolate chips.
Transfer mixture to lined pan and using your hands, press firmly to set, refrigerate for at least an hour to firm up.
Remove and slice into 10 bars.
** Only use if mixture is too crumbly.