Oriental Chicken and Broccoli Stir-Fry
Delicious homemade Chinese stir-fry.
- 2 lbs Boneless Chicken Breast or Thighs
- 2 Tbsp Butter or Margarine
- 3/4 Cup Brown Sugar
- 11/2 Tbsp Oriental 5 Spice Seasoning
- 1 Tbsp Garlic Powder + 1 tsp
- 1 tsp Black Pepper + 1/2 tsp
- 1/4 tsp Salt
- 1/4 Cup Hoisin Sauce
- 1 Tbsp Soy Sauce
- 3 Tbsp Oyster Sauce
- 16 oz Bag Frozen Broccoli Florets Thawed
- 2 Cups Rice Cooked according to packaged directions
- 8 oz Can Sliced Water Chestnuts Optional
- Toasted Sesame Seeds Optional
- 2 cups Crispy rice noodles or chowmein noodles Optional
Wash and pat dry chicken.
Over medium-high heat melt butter in frying pan. Add chicken.
Season chicken with 1 tsp garlic powder, 1/2 tsp black pepper, and salt.
Brown chicken on both sides 5-8 minutes.
Remove chicken from pan, slice lengthwise into 1/2 inch thick slices.
On low heat, return to pan and continue to cook for an additional 10 minutes, until all sides are browned.
Cook rice according to packaged instructions.
In a small bowl combine brown sugar, oriental 5 spice, remaining garlic powder, oyster sauce, hoisin sauce and soy sauce. Stir until well combined and sugar is dissolved.
Pour sauce over chicken, mix well. Simmer for 15 minutes until sauce has thickened. Stir in broccoli florets and water chestnuts. Cover and simmer for 10 minutes.
Place rice on serving dish, pour over chicken and broccoli mixture. Pour remaining sauce over finished dish. Sprinkle with optional sesame seeds, and rice/chowmein noodles for an extra crunch.