Egg Roll Bowl
We all love egg rolls! So what is a Ketoer or Low Carber to do? This is the perfect dish solution!
- 1 lb Ground pork or turkey
- 1 14-16 oz Bag coleslaw mix contains shredded carrots and cabbage
- 1 Medium White Onion chopped
- 1 Tbsp Oriental 5 spice seasoning
- 5 Cloves Garlic minced or 1 Tbsp dried
- 1 teaspoon Ginger minced or dried
- ⅓ Cup Soy sauce
- 2 Tablespoons Sesame oil
- 4 Stalks Green onions (Scallions) chopped on a bias for garnish
- 1 Tbsp Sriracha sauce
- 3 Tbsp Toasted sesame seeds for garnish
Preheat large sauce pan or dutch oven over medium-high heat. Add in sesame oil. Chop onion.
Add chopped onion and mined garlic and ginger into heated oil, cook until onions become translucent and fragrant.
Add in ground pork or turkey and cooked until browned.
15 minutes. Sprinkle with oriental 5 spice seasoning.
Add the bag of shredded cabbage and carrots, and stir to combine.
Add the soy sauce, and sriracha sauce to the meat and veggies mixture. Stir and cook for about 3 to 5 minutes, until the cabbage has just begun to wilt but is still crunchy.
Slice green onions starting from green end on a bias (diagonal cut).
Serve in a bowl, garnished with green onions and toasted sesame seeds if desired.