“Left Over” Cranberry Sauce Bread
Tired of all the left over cranberry sauce and don't want to see it go to waste? I have the solution for you! This delicious recipe will fly off the plate!
- 1 ½ cups cranberry sauce divided
- 1/3 cup apple sauce
- ¼ cup brown sugar
- ½ cup granulated sugar
- 1 large egg
- 2 teaspoons vanilla extract
- 1 teaspoon orange extract optional
- 1 ½ cups flour
- ½ teaspoon salt
- 1 teaspoon baking soda
- 1 teaspoon ground cinnamon
- 8 ounces cream cheese softened
- 1 cup powdered sugar
- 1 teaspoon vanilla extract
• Preheat oven 350 degrees. Grease a 9x5 loaf pan, set aside.
• In a large bowl mix together 1 cup of cranberry sauce, apple sauce, sugar, egg, vanilla and orange (optional) extract. Add in the flour, salt, baking soda, and ground cinnamon. Stir until evenly combined.
• Spread mixture into prepared loaf pan.
Dollop the remaining cranberry sauce on top.
Swirl in with the back of knife.
Bake about 50 minutes, or until tester inserted into the middle comes out clean.
• In a small bowl, add cream cheese, powdered sugar and vanilla.
Beat with mixer, or whisk until combined to a creamy texture removing all lumps from sugar.
Spread over top of cranberry bread.
• Cover and refrigerate left over bread. If any!
Serve cold or room temperature... Yum! 🙂
Wrapped in a pretty cellophane bag, tied with ribbon, makes a great hostess gift!